- All loans are deemed valid till they are returned. Users are encouraged to check My Library Account regularly.
- Fines are instituted to encourage the prompt return of library items for the convenience of all our users.
- Fines must be settled in full before the next library transaction.
- Library privileges may be suspended till all fines are settled in full.
- Payment is via CashCard / NETS / NETS Flashcard / cheque (cheque to make payable to "Singapore Management University").
- It is the responsibility of all library users to return / renew materials on time. Non-receipt of notice(s) is not an acceptable reason for late returns/renewals.
- Academic transcripts / degree scroll will be withheld if library loans and fines are not cleared.
|Books||S$1.00 per day after the date due|
|S$5.00 per day after the date due (3 day loan)|
|Items in Reserves||S$1.00 per hour after the time due (3 hour loan)|
|AV items||S$1.00 per day after the date due|
Lost or Damaged Items
Users are responsible for all loans charged to their accounts. They are liable for the cost of repairing or replacing lost or damaged items.
The replacement fee for lost or damaged item includes:
- The current cost of replacement;
- A non-refundable administration charge of S$25.00 per item (inclusive of GST);
- Overdue fines incurred from due date to the date when the item is reported lost; or when the item is returned (if subsequently found).
- Users - who borrowed and lost books in Reserves - are liable to pay for the lost book, administration charge and overdue fine if they are not able to find the book within 2 weeks of the due date. The Library will not accept Reserves overdue books that are returned more than 2 weeks after the due date.
Appeal on the Imposition of Fines
All users are given advance notice to return or renew library items on time. In compliance with financial audit requirements, waiving of overdue fines is permitted only for unforeseen circumstances (e.g., hospitalisation leave, compassionate leave) which made it impossible or difficult to return or renew the library items on time. For appeals, please email email@example.com. Appeals will be dealt with on a case to case basis.
In general, payments made are not refundable.
For billed item, should the item be returned after payment has been made, there will be no refund. However, the paid item would be returned to the library user who had paid for the Replacement Bill.
Last updated on 22 Aug 2016 .