- Books, DVDs, etc. which are already borrowed by another user can be requested, with the exception of items in Reserves, Special Collections or 3-day loans.
- Online requests can be made via the Library Search. Find the item you want and click “Request”.
- Users will be notified by email when the item(s) is ready for pick-up.
- All requested items should be collected personally at the Desk (level 2).
- Requested items will be kept for 5 working days, after which, the items will be returned to the shelf or passed on to the next person who has requested the same item.
- To cancel a request, please use My Library Account.
If an item you have borrowed has been requested by another user, you will receive an email notification from the Library to return the item.
Shortened Loan Period for Borrower with Requested Item
Items that are requested will have the due date reset to 14 days from the date of request.
Shortened Loan Period for Borrower with Recalled Item
All items on loan are subject to recall by the Library. For such items, the loan period will be shortened to 3 working days from the date of recall. Users will incur fines if they return the books after the revised due date.
IMPORTANT: Continuation of the existing loan privileges is dependent upon the timely response to requests and recalls by all our users.
Last updated on 12 Aug 2016 .