Master of Science (Library and Information Studies) Florida State University
Bachelor of Arts (English Literature, Creative Writing) University of Montana
2020 - Present
University Librarian, Singapore Management University
Professional Positions Held
2017 - 2020
College Librarian, Yale-NUS College
2016 - 2017
Head of Instructional Services, NTU Libraries, Nanyang Technological University
2013 - 2016
Assistant Professor of Library and Information Science/Information Literacy Librarian, University of Alaska Southeast
2009 - 2013
Section Coordinator, Reference and Instruction, City University of Hong Kong
2008 - 2009
Reference Librarian, City University of Hong Kong
2007 - 2008
Manager, Learning Resources & Student Technology Services, University of the Virgin Islands; Librarian, Information Literacy and Collection Development
2005 - 2007
Curriculum Resource Center Librarian, Northern Marianas College
2004 – 2005
Reference Librarian, Collier County Public Library
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Wilkes, B. & Diem, V. (2019, June). IATUL Special Interest Group for the Advancement of Library Services in Emerging Countries (SIG ALICE): Highlights. Presented at the International Association of University Libraries Annual Conference, Perth, Australia.
- Wilkes, B. & Cmor, D. (2018, June). Socio-econo-politico-techno-expialidociuos: Information literacy in the increasingly automated digital landscape. Plenary session presented at the International Association of University Libraries Annual Conference, Oslo, Norway.
- Wilkes, B. (2016, September). Disrupting standard practices: Applying the Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education. Presented at the Library Association of Singapore Conference Libraries for Tomorrow, Singapore.
- Wilkes, B. (2016). Framing digital literacy: The ACRL Framework. Singapore Journal of Library and Information Management, 45.
- Wilkes, B. & Ward, J. (2016). Building community: Synergy and empowerment through staff development and marketing in a small rural academic library. Collaborative Librarianship, 8(4), 180-190.
- Wilkes, B. (2016). Let’s work out! Getting out of the library and into new collaborations and contexts. . College & Research Libraries News, 77(7), 334-337.
- Ward, J. & Wilkes, B. (2016). Big ideas, small libraries: Staff engagement for cohesion. In K. Davis Kendrick & D. Tritt (Eds.), The small and rural academic library: Leveraging resources and overcoming limitations(124-128). Chicago: Association of College and Research Libraries.
- Wilkes, B. & Ward, J. (2015, February). Teaching and learning with digital treasures. Presented at the Alaska Library Association (AkLA) Annual Conference, Juneau, Alaska USA.
- Wilkes, B. (2012). Programmes to enhance international interests and cultural exchange at City University of Hong Kong. International Leads, 26(2), 1, 3.
- Ching, S.H. & Wilkes, B. (2010, June). Expanding our reach and range: Developing literate students through multiple programs and partnerships at City University of Hong Kong. Paper presented at the American Library Association (ALA) Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA USA.
- Wilkes, B. & Ching S.H. (2010, April). Changing our service interface to support learning: Information literacy in the virtual environment at the City University of Hong Kong Library. Presented at the eLearning Forum Asia (eLFA) Annual Forum, Hualien, Taiwan.
- Ching, S.H. & Wilkes, B. (2009, October). Cooperative digital repository of Outstanding Academic Papers by Students (OAPS): Strategies for creating a digital repository. Presented at the Pacific Neighborhood Consortium (PNC) 2009 Annual Conference, Taipei, Taiwan.
Phone: +(65) 6828 0482
Fax: +(65) 682 8083
70 Stamford Road