SMU Libraries COVID-19 Service Continuity
While the libraries are temporarily closed from 7 April to 1 June 2020, we're still here to help! Our online resources and services are available to support SMU home based teaching, learning and research.
- Contact our Research Librarians
- Ask us questions via email or chat
Use our Chat Service to interact with library staff between:
(Click on ‘Ask Library’ by the right of the website)
- Weekdays: 8:30am to 10pm
- Saturday: 10 am to 9pm
- Sunday: 1pm to 9pm
- Browse research guides for available resources on specific subject area
- Go to library.smu.edu.sg to continue to search and access SMU Libraries' online resources and collection.
Services that are temporarily affected:
SMU Libraries Access
Both the Li Ka Shing and Kwa Geok Choo Law Libraries, including the Learning Commons and Investment Studio, will be closed from 7 April to 1 June 2020. Please note there is no access to the physical collection including Reserves during this time.
Borrowing, Checkout, and Recall Policies
- All reserve books borrowed on 6 April, 9pm will be due on 5 June 2020
- All other books borrowed will be due on 5 June as we have automatically extended the due date
- Users will be updated for all existing loans extension
Document delivery service will continue to be available other than
- Request that requires photo-copying or scanning from lending libraries
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
- All further ILL request will be on hold till 5 June 2020