Research and Learning Services
- Accounting - Aaron Tay
- Business - Rajendra Munoo, Low Jiaxin & Sumita Govindan
- Economics - Melody Chin
- Information Systems - Xia Wei
- Law - Chai Yee Xin
- Social Sciences - Rebecca Maniates
- How many? Total loan entitlement for PhD students is 100 items.
- How long? Different item types have different loan periods. All items on loan are subject to request by another user or recall by the Library.
- How much? Fines are instituted to encourage the prompt return of library items for the convenience of all our users.
- Read more about library usage policy.
Access & Resources
- Most of Library’s e-resources (e-books, e-journals, e-databases) can be accessed from off-campus. Authentication needed is your SMU ID/Password.
- The library provides interlibrary loan & document delivery services for book, journal article or book chapter that cannot be located in the library’s collection. This service is free and the requested material must be for research relating to your coursework, projects or assignments. You will be responsible for the return of the borrowed item, including any fines incurred.
- Do recommend new titles (books, journals, etc.) that you think will be excellent additions to the library’s collection.
- Library also provides various Research Data Sources. You can contact your Research Librarian if you need further assistance with datasets or data management.
Check the Library Learning Calendar for upcoming workshops and events.
Two specially designated Graduate Lounges on level 5 are for post-graduate students. They are designated as multi-purpose learning spaces. Please see information on all library facilities.
Last updated on 30 Nov 2018 .