Research and Learning Services
- Accounting - Aaron Tay
- Business - Rajendra Munoo, Low Jiaxin & Sumita Govindan
- Economics - Melody Chin
- Information Systems - Xia Wei
- Law - Chai Yee Xin
- Social Sciences - Rebecca Maniates
- How many? Total loan entitlement for PhD students is 100 items.
- How long? Different item types have different loan periods. All items on loan are subject to request by another user or recall by the Library.
- How much? Fines are instituted to encourage the prompt return of library items for the convenience of all our users.
- Read more about library usage policy.
Access & Resources
- Most of Library’s e-resources (e-books, e-journals, e-databases) can be accessed from off-campus. Authentication needed is your SMU ID/Password.
- The library provides interlibrary loan & document delivery services for book, journal article or book chapter that cannot be located in the library’s collection. This service is free and the requested material must be for research relating to your coursework, projects or assignments. You will be responsible for the return of the borrowed item, including any fines incurred.
- Do recommend new titles (books, journals, etc.) that you think will be excellent additions to the library’s collection.
- Library also provides various Research Data Sources. You can contact your Research Librarian if you need further assistance with datasets or data management.
Interlibrary Loan & Document Delivery Services
Request for journal articles, book chapters and books that are not available in the Library’s collection for your teaching, learning or research needs. Note that some materials cannot be brought in due to copyright restriction or exclusion policies for interlibrary loan and document delivery services. Submit your request here.
Check the Library Learning Calendar for upcoming workshops and events.
Graduate Lounges are designated as multi-purpose learning spaces for post-graduate students. There are two Graduate Lounges on Level 5 of Li Ka Shing Library, and one Graduate Lounge on Level 4 of Kwa Geok Choo Law Library.
Last updated on 10 Jun 2019 .