Research Support and Consultation
If you are working on a project and need research assistance, schedule an appointment with your librarian.
- Centre for English Communication - Mei Tan & Rajendra Munoo
- Centre for Management Practice - Sumita Govindan
- Centre for Teaching Excellence - Melody Chin
- Dato’ Kho Hui Meng Career Centre - Sumita Govindan
- Executive Development – Rajendra Munoo
- Integrated Information Technology - Wei Xia
- International Office - Rebecca Maniates
- Lien Centre for Social Innovation - Rebecca Maniates
- Office of Advancement and Alumni - Shameem Maideen
- Office of Business Improvement – Shameem Maideen
- Office of Campus Infrastructure and Services - Melody Chin
- Office of Corporate Communications & Marketing - Sumita Govindan
- Office of Dean of Students - Redzuan Abdullah & Rajendra Munoo
- Office of Finance - Aaron Tay
- Office of HR & Faculty Administration - Rebecca Maniates
- Office of Internal Audit - Aaron Tay
- Office of Investment - Melody Chin
- Office of Legal & General Affairs - Chai Yee Xin
- Office of Postgraduate Professional Programmes - Rajendra Munoo
- Office of Provost - Yeo Pin Pin
- Office of Registrar - Rajendra Munoo
- Office of Research & Tech Transfer - Yeo Pin Pin
- Office of Undergraduate Admission and Financial Assistance - Rajendra Munoo
- SMU Academy - Rajendra Munoo
Loan Privileges and Fines
- How many? Total loan entitlement for staff is 40 items.
- How long? Different item types have different loan periods. All items on loan are subject to recall.
- How much? Fines are instituted to encourage the prompt return of library items for the convenience of all our users.
My Library Account
Use online access to My Library Account to:
Check the Library Learning Calendar for upcoming workshops and events.
Interlibrary Loan & Document Delivery Services
Interlibrary loan (ILL) is a service that obtains books, book chapters, journal articles and other resources for university-related research and teaching that are not available in the SMU Libraries collection. The following group of users are eligible for this service:
- Faculty and administrative staff
- Postgraduate students
- Third and fourth year undergraduate students
[First and second year undergraduate students should contact their Research Librarian for assistance.]
How to request an Interlibrary Loan:
- Submitting a form in your Library account
- Using the Find It @ SMU Libraries button within Library-subscribed databases
- Emailing email@example.com with a complete citation of the book, book chapter or article required
Read the full Interlibrary Loan guidelines.
New Resources Recommendations
Recommend new resourcesto the library for purchase considerations. Please provide as many details as possible about the request, such as journal title, book title, author's name, year of publication, publisher's name and ISBN.
Library Opening Hours
Check the current opening hours.
Last updated on 31 Jul 2019 .