Research Consultations - Individual customized service for you when you need it
Email a Research Librarian to make an appointment for help starting your research, for complex queries or for individual instruction on using library resources.
Your research librarians are:
- Accounting - Aaron Tay
- Business - Rajendra Munoo, Redzuan Abdullah & Sumita Govindan
- Economics - Melody Chin
- Information Systems - Xia Wei
- Law - Chai Yee Xin
- Social Sciences - Rebecca Maniates
Use Research Guides to get you started on your research.
Loan Privileges and Fines
- How many? Total loan entitlement for undergraduate students is 12 items (including 1 item from Reserves).
- How long? Different item types have different loan periods. All items on loan are subject to request by another user or recall by the library.
- How much? Fines are instituted to encourage the prompt return of library items for the convenience of all our users.
- Read more about library usage policy.
- Books in Reserves are recommended or required course readings.
- Item with a red dot on the spine (plus its accompanying item, if any) may be borrowed one at a time for 3 hours. Last checkout is 30 minutes prior to the Libraries’ closing time and is due back the following morning regardless of the day of the week.
- Overdue fines for items in Reserves:
- S$1.00 per hour after the time due (3 hours loan / red dot)
- Renewals are not permitted for Reserve items.
My Library Account
Use online access to My Library Account to:
Check the Library Learning Calendar for upcoming workshops and events.
Interlibrary Loan & Document Delivery Services
Interlibrary loan (ILL) is a service that obtains books, book chapters, journal articles and other resources for university-related research and teaching that are not available in the SMU Libraries collection. The following group of users are eligible for this service:
- Faculty and administrative staff
- Postgraduate students
- Third and fourth year undergraduate students
[First and second year undergraduate students should contact their Research Librarian for assistance.]
How to request an Interlibrary Loan:
- Submitting a form in your Library account
- Using the Find It @ SMU Libraries button within Library-subscribed databases
- Emailing email@example.com with a complete citation of the book, book chapter or article required
Read the full Interlibrary Loan guidelines.
New Resources Recommendations
Recommend new resources to the library for purchase considerations. Please provide as many details as possible about the request, such as journal title, book title, author's name, year of publication, publisher's name and ISBN.
Library Opening Hours
Check the current opening hours.
Off-Campus Access Services
The Off-Campus Access Services allow the SMU community to access e-resources remotely.
The Library provides facilities such as PC terminals, copiers, print and scan stations, book drops and borrowing stations, project rooms, as well as a reading room and a training room.
Copying and Printing Facilities
Photocopying and printing facilities are available at a fee within the library premises. Payment is by EZlink and Cash Cards. All photocopying and printing must comply with the provisions of the Copyright Act.
Last updated on 25 Sep 2019 .