Get in-depth research help for complex queries or for individual instruction on using library resources.
Email a Research Librarian to make an appointment.
Use Research Guides to get you started on your research.
Check the Library Learning Calendar for upcoming workshops and events.
- Books in Reserves are recommended or required course readings.
- Item with a red dot on the spine (plus its accompanying item, if any) may be borrowed one at a time for 3 hours. Last checkout is 30 minutes prior to the Libraries’ closing time and is due back the following morning regardless of the day of the week.
- Overdue fines for items in Reserves:
- S$1.00 per hour after the time due (3 hours loan / red dot)
- Renewals are not permitted for Reserve items.
Loan Privileges and Fines
- How many? Total loan entitlement for undergraduate students is 12 items (including 1 item from Reserves).
- How long? Different item types have different loan periods. All items on loan are subject to request by another user or recall by the library.
- How much? Fines are instituted to encourage the prompt return of library items for the convenience of all our users.
- Read more about library usage policy.
My Library Account
Use online access to My Library Account to:
Library Opening Hours
Check the current opening hours.
New Resources Recommendations
Recommend new resources to the library for purchase considerations. Please provide as many details as possible about the item / title, including author's name, year of publication, publisher's name and the ISBN if available.
Off-Campus Access Services
The Off-Campus Access Services allow the SMU community to access e-resources remotely.
The Library provides facilities such as PC terminals, copiers, print and scan stations, book drops and borrowing stations, project rooms, as well as a reading room and a training room.
Copying and Printing Facilities
Photocopying and printing facilities are available at a fee within the library premises. Payment is by EZlink and Cash Cards. All photocopying and printing must comply with the provisions of the Copyright Act.
Last updated on 27 Nov 2017 .