Research Librarian Support for Schools
- Accounting - aarontay [at] smu.edu.sg (Aaron Tay)
- Business - sumitag [at] smu.edu.sg (Sumita Govindan ), redzuana [at] smu.edu.sg (Redzuan Abdullah ), & hmlim [at] smu.edu.sg (Lim Hwee Ming )
- Economics - melodychin [at] smu.edu.sg (Melody Chin)
- Information Systems - weixia [at] smu.edu.sg (Xia Wei)
- Law - yxchai [at] smu.edu.sg (Chai Yee Xin)
- Social Sciences - rmaniates [at] smu.edu.sg (Rebecca Maniates)
Research Librarians partner with faculty to contribute to the SMU Graduate Learning Outcomes (GLOs) in the following ways:
Support for Courses and the Curriculum
- Collaborate with Faculty on syllabi and course outlines to ensure the availability of readings via the reading list service and provide copyright advisory.
- Recommend the most relevant sources (e.g. e-textbooks, Open Educational Resources, videos etc.) for course and curriculum preparations.
- Process faculty requests and recommendations for journal articles, book chapters and books that are not available in the library’s collection through our Interlibrary loan and document delivery network.
- Source and arrange for the trials of new databases and datasets and evaluate feedback for renewals of databases for the faculty’s teaching and learning.
Conduct Course-integrated Workshops
“Your talks (and those of your colleagues who joined you from time to time) have proven invaluable in improving the quality of the students' research and reducing their frustration with their projects (as well as improving my enjoyment in evaluating them).” LKCSB, Faculty