SMU Libraries serve primarily the community of SMU. The following members of the Singapore Management University are entitled to free library membership:
- Undergraduate and postgraduate students enrolled at SMU
- Full-time, part-time and visiting faculty
- Research staff/Teaching assistants
- Full-time non-academic staff
External users may apply for membership. Applications for membership will be considered on a case by case basis.
Types of external memberships offered by SMU Libraries include:
- Corporate Membership (Annual)
- Personal Membership (Annual)
- Free library membership for libraries that have reciprocal agreement with SMU Libraries.
External membership entitlement:
- Please refer to Loan Privileges for details of loan entitlement.
- Printing and photocopying services are available with Cashcard/ EZ-Link card payment
- Due to licensing agreement regulations, external members do not have access to:
- Electronic resources (such as databases, e-books and online journals).
- Certain library facilities (such as PC Terminals, internet and project rooms).
- Some materials (such as Reserves and Special Collections).
Corporate membership (annual)
- Commercial/industrial firms and government departments operating in Singapore are eligible to apply for a library corporate membership.
- The membership fee is S$750 per annum (inclusive of GST). Membership fee is not refundable.
- The corporate library card will be issued under the name of the organization.
- The card is necessary for entry into the library and can admit a maximum of three employees from the organization on each visit. The Libraries may request for additional documentary proof as and when necessary for verification.
- Library membership cards are not transferable and loss of cards must be reported immediately.
Personal membership (annual)
- The membership fee is S$320 per annum (inclusive of GST). Membership fee is not refundable.
- All applicants must be endorsed by a FULL-time SMU staff. The SMU Staff will need to endorse on the membership form.
- All applications are to be made using the Personal Membership Application Form.
- The successful applicant will be issued ONE card which is not transferable and is necessary for entry into the library. Loss of cards must be reported immediately to the library.
- Anyone pursuing an academic programme (including Distance Learning) is not eligible to apply for the personal membership.