SMU Libraries provide copyright and publishing support for your teaching, research and publishing needs through these services.
ISBN & ISSN Registration
The ISSN is the standardised 8-digit international code that uniquely identifies a serial publication. The National Library is the ISSN National Centre for Singapore and issues Singapore ISSNs to serials published in Singapore. Faculty, Schools and SMU Centre with plans to start a new journal can contact the Library to request for an ISSN.
The ISBN is the standardised 13-digit international number that uniquely identifies a monographic/book publication and enables it to be located easily. Any member of the SMU Community who needs an ISBN for their publication can contact the Library to apply for one.
- Consultation on copyright concerns in teaching, research and publishing
- Information on permitted use of works under Fair Use
- Advise on educational exceptions under the Singapore Copyright Act
- Advise on using works in course readings and teaching materials
- Finding alternative Open Educational Resources
For more information contact, firstname.lastname@example.org