If you are working on a project and need research assistance, schedule an appointment with your librarian.
- Business Families institute - Redzuan Abdullah
- Centre for Global Education and Opportunities - Sumita Govindan
- Centre for Management Practice - Sumita Govindan & Yeo Pin Pin
- Centre for Teaching Excellence - Melody Chin
- College of Integrative Studies - Rajendra Munoo
- College of Graduate Research Studies - Wei Xia & Aaron Tay
- Dato’ Kho Hui Meng Career Centre - Yeo Eng Ling Lynn
- Institute of Innovation and Entrepreneurship - Redzuan Abdullah
- Institute of Service Excellence - Sumita Govindan
- International Trading Institute - Sumita Govindan
- Lien Centre for Social Innovation - Benedict Yeo
- Mindfulness Initiative - Redzuan Abdullah
- Office of Advancement - Shameem Maideen
- Office of Admissions and Financial Assistance - Lim Siew Khim
- Office of Alumni Relations - Heng Kai Leong
- Office of Business Improvement – Ooi Kooi Cheng
- Office of Campus Infrastructure and Services - Shameem Maideen
- Office of Corporate Communications and Marketing - Tay Mui Yen
- Office of Dean of Students - Li Zhenyan
- Office of Finance - Yeo Eng Ling Lynn
- Office of HR and Faculty Administration - Lim Siew Khim
- Office of Internal Audit - Heng Kai Leong
- Office of Integrated Information Technology - Salihin Mohammed Ali
- Office of Investment - Nazimah Ram Nath
- Office of Legal and General Affairs - Nazimah Ram Nath
- Office of Overseas Centres - Dong Danping
- Office of Postgraduate Professional Programmes - Wei Xia & Aaron Tay
- Office of Procurement - Ooi Kooi Cheng
- Office of Programme Management - Salihin Mohammed Ali
- Office of Provost - Yeo Pin Pin
- Office of Registrar - Li Zhenyan
- Office of Research and Tech Transfer - Dong Danping
- Office of Safety and Security - Salihin Mohammed Ali
- Sim Kee Boon Institute for Financial Economics - Tee Lip Hwe
- SMU A*STAR Joint Lab in Social and Human-Centered Computing - Aaron Tay
- SMU Academy - Bella Ratmelia
- SMU Executive Development - Redzuan Abdullah
- SMU International Office - Tay Mui Yen
- SMU X - Bella Ratmelia
- Student Success Center: Centre for English Communication - Veronica Wang
- UOB-SMU Asian Enterprise Institute - Tee Lip Hwe
Access to digital resources 24/7
Library resources can be accessed online, 24/7 wherever you are from the Libraries’ website. You may be prompted to login with your SMU username and password. Do refer to the Appropriate Use of Electronic Resources Policy when using the library’s resources.
Search the library collection for articles, databases, e-books, media content and more.
Access databases directly by searching for the title in the library search or browse the A to Z database list.
Starting your search on the open web?
These tools will make accessing the Libraries’ subscribed resources easier.
Install the LibKey Nomad browser extension to get direct access to full text articles beyond paywalls
Browse, read and stay current with online journals. You can search and browse journals by subject area, download articles and export references to citation managers. BrowZine is available as a web interface and a mobile app.
Check the Library Learning Calendar for upcoming workshops and events.
GET IT FOR ME VIA INTERLIBRARY LOAN
Interlibrary loan (ILL) is a service that obtains books, book chapters, journal articles and other resources for university-related research and teaching that are not available in the SMU Libraries collection. The following group of users are eligible for this service:
- Faculty and administrative staff
- Postgraduate students
- Third and fourth year undergraduate students
(First and second year undergraduate students should contact their Research Librarian for assistance)
How to request an interlibrary loan:
- Submitting a form in your library account
- Using the Find It @ SMU Libraries button within library-subscribed databases
- Emailing email@example.com with a complete citation of the book, book chapter or article required
Read the full interlibrary loan guidelines.
NEW RESOURCES RECOMMENDATIONS
Recommend new resources to the library for purchase considerations. Please provide as many details as possible about the request, such as journal title, book title, author's name, year of publication, publisher's name and ISBN.