If you are working on a project and need research assistance, schedule an appointment with your librarian.
- Centre for English Communication - Samantha Lim
- Centre for Management Practice - Sumita Govindan
- Centre for Teaching Excellence - Melody Chin
- Dato’ Kho Hui Meng Career Centre - Sumita Govindan
- Executive Development – Redzuan Abdullah
- Integrated Information Technology - Wei Xia
- International Office - Rebecca Maniates
- Lien Centre for Social Innovation - Rebecca Maniates
- Office of Advancement - Shameem Maideen
- Office of Alumni - Shameem Maideen
- Office of Business Improvement – Shameem Maideen
- Office of Campus Infrastructure and Services - Melody Chin
- Office of Core Curriculum - Rebecca Maniates
- Office of Corporate Communications & Marketing - Tay Mui Yen
- Office of Dean of Students - Li Zhenyan
- Office of Finance - Venki Kannadasan
- Office of HR & Faculty Administration - Rebecca Maniates
- Office of Internal Audit - Venki Kannadasan
- Office of Investment - Melody Chin
- Office of Legal & General Affairs - Chai Yee Xin
- Office of Postgraduate Professional Programmes - Wei Xia
- Office of Postgraduate Research Programmes - Wei Xia
- Office of Provost - Yeo Pin Pin
- Office of Registrar - Li Zhenyan
- Office of Research & Tech Transfer - Yeo Pin Pin
- Office of Undergraduate Admission and Financial Assistance - Li Zhenyan
- SMU Academy - Redzuan Abdullah
- SMU X - Rajendra Munoo
Access to digital resources 24/7
Library resources can be accessed online, 24/7 wherever you are from the Libraries’ website. You may be prompted to login with your SMU username and password. Do refer to the Appropriate Use of Electronic Resources Policy when using the library’s resources.
Search the library collection for articles, databases, e-books, media content and more.
Access databases directly by searching for the title in the library search or browse the A to Z database list.
Starting your search on the open web?
These tools will make accessing the Libraries’ subscribed resources easier.
Install the LibKey Nomad browser extension to get direct access to full text articles beyond paywalls
Browse, read and stay current with online journals. You can search and browse journals by subject area, download articles and export references to citation managers. BrowZine is available as a web interface and a mobile app.
Check the Library Learning Calendar for upcoming workshops and events.
GET IT FOR ME VIA INTERLIBRARY LOAN
Interlibrary loan (ILL) is a service that obtains books, book chapters, journal articles and other resources for university-related research and teaching that are not available in the SMU Libraries collection. The following group of users are eligible for this service:
- Faculty and administrative staff
- Postgraduate students
- Third and fourth year undergraduate students
(First and second year undergraduate students should contact their Research Librarian for assistance)
How to request an interlibrary loan:
- Submitting a form in your library account
- Using the Find It @ SMU Libraries button within library-subscribed databases
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with a complete citation of the book, book chapter or article required
Read the full interlibrary loan guidelines.
NEW RESOURCES RECOMMENDATIONS
Recommend new resources to the library for purchase considerations. Please provide as many details as possible about the request, such as journal title, book title, author's name, year of publication, publisher's name and ISBN.