OPEN CALL for ‘Digital Photography: Visual Diary’ workshop with Objectifs
Calling all aspiring artists! Explore the art of visual storytelling in this workshop and exhibit your photo project during Singapore Art Week 2022.
Conducted by Objectifs Centre for Photography & Film, this workshop is designed for participants to work on their photo projects and create a personal narrative through photographs with the guidance of Deanna Ng, a Singaporean photographer.
Beyond improving technical proficiency in photography, participants will also develop visual literacy through discussions on how photography can be used as a communication tool to inspire and broaden perspectives in this digital age.
This exclusive workshop is limited to only 10 participants, who are to:
- Attend all five workshop sessions.
- The first workshop will be held physically at Li Ka Shing Library on 6 Dec, 2-5 pm. The subsequent four workshops are held online on 8, 15, 23 and 29 Dec from 2-5 pm.
- Bring any digital image-making tools of their choice, such as digital cameras or smartphones.
- Bring a concept or narrative for the photo story they wish to pursue.
- Work with the SMU Art Programme Manager (SMU Libraries) towards a physical exhibition during Singapore Art Week in January 2022.
How to apply:
- Write a 150-word paragraph telling us
- about yourself,
- concepts or narratives you want to explore,
- what you want to get out of the workshop and exhibition, and feel free to also share your creative portfolio if you have one via PDF, website, or Instagram account.
- Email your queries and/or submission to kamiliahb [at] smu.edu.sg
- Open call closes on 17 Oct 2359 hrs.
- Selected applicants will be informed by 25 Oct.
We encourage students from all backgrounds to apply! Read more about the inaugural workshop and participants’ learning experience here.
*Image courtesy of Objectifs