Need help finding a course reading, or locating relevant articles from ejournals and databases? Use “Ask Library” chat (on the homepage), email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (65) 6828-0355 (see opening hours).
Research Consultations - Individual customized service for you when you need it
Email a Research Librarian to make an appointment for help starting your research, for complex queries or for individual instruction on using library resources.
Tee Lip Hwe
LOAN PRIVILEGES & FINES
- How many? Total loan entitlement for Masters students is 20 items.
- How long? Different item types have different loan periods. All items on loan are subject to request by another user or recall by the Library.
- How much? Fines are instituted to encourage the prompt return of library items for the convenience of all our users.
- Books in Reserves are recommended or required course readings.
- Books with a red dot on the spine (plus accompanying item, if any) may be borrowed one at a time for 3 hours. Last checkout is 30 minutes prior to the Libraries’ closing time and is due back the following morning regardless of the day of the week.
- Overdue fines for items in Reserves:
- S$1.00 per hour after the time due (3 hours loan /red)
- Renewals are not permitted on Reserve items.
GET IT FOR ME VIA INTERLIBRARY LOAN
Interlibrary loan (ILL) is a service that obtains books, book chapters, journal articles and other resources for university-related research and teaching that are not available in the SMU Libraries collection. The following group of users are eligible for this service:
- Faculty and administrative staff
- Postgraduate students
- Third and fourth year undergraduate students
(First and second year undergraduate students should contact their Research Librarian for assistance)
How to request an interlibrary loan:
- Submitting a form in your library account
- Using the Find It @ SMU Libraries button within library-subscribed databases
- Emailing email@example.com with a complete citation of the book, book chapter or article required
Read the full interlibrary loan guidelines.
NEW RESOURCES RECOMMENDATIONS
Recommend new resources to the library for purchase considerations. Please provide as many details as possible about the request, such as journal title, book title, author's name, year of publication, publisher's name and ISBN.
LIBRARY OPENING HOURS
Check the current opening hours.
PUBLISHING OF THESES
Theses by postgraduate students doing a research Masters will be placed in InK - Institutional Knowledge at SMU - for access by the public and the SMU community.
Submit your thesis via the IRIS website and login with your SMU ID and follow these steps: add a new publication, select the publication type as thesis, complete the fields, and upload the final PDF version of your thesis. For details of adding a record in IRIS, refer to this guide .
Need help in writing your dissertation? Check out the "Dissertation / Thesis Research and Writing" guide.
The Libraries provide facilities such as PC terminals, copiers, print and scan stations, book drops and borrowing stations, project rooms, as well as quiet areas and learning labs.
Graduate Lounges are designated as multi-purpose spaces for post-graduate students. There are two Graduate Lounges on Level 5 of Li Ka Shing Library, and one on Level 4 of Kwa Geok Choo Law Library.
COPYING & PRINTING FACILITIES
Photocopying and printing facilities are available at a fee within the library premises. Payment is by EZlink and Cash Cards. All photocopying and printing must comply with the provisions of the Copyright Act.